All pupils who attend Silverdale School in years 7 through to 11 are expected to wear Silverdale School uniform.
The uniform consists of:
- Black Polo Shirt with school logo. (White shirts are no longer allowed).
- Black Sweatshirt with school logo.
- Black Cardigan with School logo.
- Black Tailored Trousers (loose fitting, plain style, not tight around the ankle, at least ankle length - no denim, jeggings, jeans or chino style).
- Black Tailored Loose Fitting Shorts (mid-thigh length or longer).
- Black Skirts (loose fitting, knee length or longer - no denim or tube skirts).
- Black or White Religious Headdress if appropriate. No other headwear is allowed.
- Pupils in year 10 and 11 may wear a black hoodie with school logo
Please note that from September 2017 the skirt length must be knee-length or longer.
One wrist watch and one small pair of ear studs may be worn. No bracelets or any form of piercing allowed.
Tights must be plain black and not patterned, with no holes.
Pupils must wear flat, plain, black shoes. Sandals are not allowed. Boots which can be worn over trousers are allowed in adverse weather conditions. Pupils must wear suitable shoes which offer reasonable protection when participating in Design and Technology lessons in the workshop areas.
Appropriate outdoor coats (preferably black) should be worn outside. They must not be worn inside the building, apart from the dining room.
- Grey Silverdale PE T-shirt / GCSE PE T-shirt.
- Black & white Silverdale long sleeved shirt.
- Thermal base layer (preferably black, but can be any colour - to be worn under grey PE t-shirt).
- Black Silverdale shorts *
- Black tracksuit bottoms/leggings (must be plain)
- Black or burgundy Silverdale Sport hoodie
- White or black socks of any length
* KS4 students can wear sports shorts - plain black. Skin tight shorts are not allowed.
- Sports training shoes / Astroturf trainers.
- Rugby / Football boots for lessons on the field (optional – but advised)
No items of school uniform are to be worn as part of your PE kit.
- School jumper / hoody.
- School shoes.
What happens if correct school uniform is not worn?
We are confident that we can rely on the good sense of both pupils and parents to maintain acceptable standards. However, staff will carry out daily checks on uniform and incorrect uniform will be confiscated.
Hoodies and jackets will be kept in school until a parent can come into school to collect it – whilst incorrect footwear, trousers and skirts will be given back at the end of the school day. If uniform is available to be changed into, students will be provided with appropriate alternative uniform.
The usual school sanctions will apply if students do not wear the correct uniform. For more information see our behaviour policy at: www.silverdale.sheffield.sch.uk/behaviourpolicy
Uniforms can be ordered at: www.stitchfactory.co.uk
Their order form can be downloaded from this page.
Updates of the uniform guidance can also be found on this page.
Please order well in advance of the start of the school year. During term time the Stitch Factory can deliver to the school reception for collection by students.