The Performing Art department aims to ignite a lifelong passion for the subject. We want students to be free to explore creatively above and beyond their expectations and challenge their own ideas with that of their peers. Our goal is to promote interest in the arts whilst developing lasting skills to carry them through into their chosen futures. The Performing Arts department offers a wide variety of extra-curricular programmes that change throughout the year in order to engage students from all different cohorts. All pupils will be given every opportunity to develop their skills and talents via the curriculum and extra-curricular courses.
Key Stage 4:
AQA Dance GCSE
This course offers an expansive look into the world of dance. It is perfect for challenging the emerging dance performer, choreographer, dance critic or equally someone who loves to dance and wants a release within the curriculum to enhance their interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Unit 1: Written exam
- Unit 2: Set Dance (technical dance performance)
- Unit 3: Performance in a group
- Unit 4: Choreography – A) Solo composition B) Solo or group choreography
The drama department offers a wide range of extra-curricular on a rolling schedule.
- The annual School production offers a classic Musical theatre school experience. We pride ourselves on an inclusive production of all abilities to a high standard. Student develop their performance skills and confidence whilst making friendships across the school
- The Arts Award is a new venture to the school and we currently are offering the Bronze award and Silver award to a range of students who are developing their love for the arts through the journey of the award.
- Showcases throughout the year offer platforms for all the performing dance clubs. They are also a way that we share the talents of our budding dancers, choreographers and we use it as a tool to raise performance skills for our key stage 4 GCSE students. Ultimately they are a great way for family and friends to enjoy the commitment and talents of our students and celebrate their hard work.