Collecting GCSE results 2017
GCSE Results Day is Thursday 24 August.
Results will be available to collect from 8am at school.
A-level results 2017
MEDIA RELEASE: Thursday 17 August 2017
The 2017 A-level results are definitely something to celebrate at Silverdale, as yet again the already impressive results of the previous year have been improved upon.
The highlights are:
- 72% of all grades are A* to B – up from 64% the previous year.
- A quarter of students achieved all A or A* grades.
- One third of students achieved at least AAB grades.
- One in five students achieved at least 3 A grades.
- 89% of all grades were at A* to C .
- The overall pass rate at A* to E was 99.79%.
Head of Silverdale Sixth Form and Deputy Head, Richard Horton, said:
“Silverdale Sixth Form goes from strength to strength with an even better set of A-level results than last year! Yet again, our students and staff have much to be proud of and have shown that Silverdale Sixth Form is one of the highest achieving in the city.
"72% of our grades are at A*, A or B. That's up from 64% last year at Silverdale - which is a phenomenal increase.
"With more than a quarter of our students achieving A or A* grades, we are proud to be sending them onwards to a range of universities, including Oxbridge and many Russell Group institutions.
"Given that these new A-levels are harder than in previous years, and that the education world is undergoing great change and facing financial challenges, this is a fantastic achievement. On behalf of the staff and governors at Silverdale, and the Trustees of Chorus Education Trust, we offer our congratulations to all our students, of whom we are extremely proud.
"We believe our success is very much down to incredible team work – from the outstanding teachers and staff we have, through to the committed students who show a real passion for their studies. This is all backed up by their families, who work in partnership with us to support them.
"Add to that our inclusive ethos – we’re a diverse Sixth Form with students from across the city and beyond – our modern facilities and location, and you’ve got a great environment to learn in.
"Anyone interested in joining Silverdale Sixth Form is welcome to attend our opening evening on Wednesday 15th November”.
Individual student success stories:
- Mark Withers has achieved 4 A*s and is going to Cambridge to study Natural Science. He follows in the steps of his brother who also went to Silverdale and then went on to Oxford.
- GB Paracyclist, Millie Cass, is celebrating getting to Loughborough University to study Psychology via the Elite Athlete Pathway.
- Suzanne Simpson has achieved 4 A*s and is going to Cambridge to study Veterinary Medicine. She follows in the steps of her sisters who also studied at Silverdale, achieved great success and went on to Oxbridge.